Steve, the residential painter, wants to paint an interior brick fireplace. What is the process?
- Use a vacuum to clean the outside and around the fireplace
- Loose paint needs to be scraped or wire brushed.
- Areas with soot and heavily soiled areas must be cleaned with soap and water.
- Rinse thoroughly and let dry.
- If there are any holes, repair with an exterior spackle.
- Cracks should be filled with a paintable caulk or exterior spackle.
- Note: For a smoother finish, use Block Filler as a primer to fill the voids.
- Then use _________
- For bright and dramatic colours use Colour Base satin, available in primary colours.
- Select your desired sheen from chart of finish coat products:
Semi Gloss: _________
Low Gloss: _________