Caution! Things to consider
- Composite decks should be weathered at least 6 months before staining.
- Maintenance: re-stain depending on exposure or wear every 2 to 4 years.
- On a deck (horizontal surface), one coat is good. Two coats are not better.
- Avoid direct sunlight during application to minimize lap marks.
- Do not apply if there is a possibility of rain in the next 24 hours.
- Always follow manufacturer's recommendations.
For more information about this or other painting tips & techniques, our paint & coatings products, or general DIY paint and coatings questions, please contact us online or by calling 1-800-452-2315.